Find more information on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/TheWorldsBestSecret/
This is the Portuguese slave fort, still standing, in the town originally called Juda (as seen on our home page 18th century map of West Africa), now known as Ouidah or Whydah in the west African country of Benin. And as you'll see further below, the Portuguese originally called the town Ajudá (A-Juda).
As mentioned above, we have maps from 1747 and others that show the Kingdom of Judah on Africa's west coast. This is one such town, originally named Juda. Now called Ouidah. This, along with other historical facts, place the Hebrew tribe of Judah on Africa's west coast, in the place called the Slave Coast, at the time slaves were sold to the Europeans.
The town was called Juda before it was Ouidah, Whydah, Hweda or AJuda. We're going back to the original name. There are too many different old maps that I have found with Judah being the name of this town to brush it off as some mistake.
Ouidah is best known for its central role in the slave trade during the 17th,18th and19th centuries, during which time nearly 1,000,000 individuals were boarded onto ships from the beach at Ouidah and were transported across the Atlantic.
Ouidah /ˈwiːdə/, also Whydah /ˈhwaɪdə/ or Juda, is a city on the Atlantic coast of Benin. The commune covers an area of 364 square kilometres and as of 2002 had a population of 76,555 people.
In 1727 the Kingdom of Whydah (or Judah) was captured by the forces of King Agaja of Dahomey.
The Portuguese, English, Dutch, and French all constructed forts in the city to protect their interests in SLAVING. The Portuguese reached the town they called Ajudá in 1580 and the Portuguese Fort of São João Baptista de Ajudá (in English St. John the Baptist of Judah Fort), now housing a museum, dates from 1721 and remained with Portugal until July of 1961.
This is a small fortress built by the Portuguese in the city of Ouidah on the coast of Dahomey (originally Ajudá, from Hweda, on the Atlantic coast of modern Benin), reached by the Portuguese in 1580, after which it grew around the slave trade, for which the Slave Coast was already renowned. The Fort, built in land given to Portugal by the King of Dahomey, remained under Portuguese control from 1721 until 1961.
Pictured is the Portuguese fort in Ouidah (Judah)
Leaving no stone unturned.
Concerning the Bible, incorrect history will produce incorrect theology
By Minister Rodney Jones, specializing in Biblical History
Portuguese slave port still standing today in Ouidah (Judah) West Africa
Copyright © 2018 The World’s Best Kept Secret - All Rights Reserved.
Contact us anytime - email@example.com